Clayfest Job Description
Updated January 2012
February through October
Contact Internet sites, magazines, newspapers, radio and television stations, for publicity opportunities for Clay Fest.
Work with Graphics chair to obtain images for publicity.
Starting in February:
Look for local ways to promote the event
- • Submit Clay Fest publicity to Internet sites to get on event calendars, etc.
- o Submit press releases to informational Internet sites, web calendars, web magazines, web newspapers, etc. around the state.
- o Submit press releases to community newspapers throughout the state via internet.
- • Resubmit as needed to sites that did not post C.F. publicity. (You may need to contact the site personally to find out why the event did not get listed).
- • Individual forms per site need to be filled out. A mass email does not work. Most sites want you to submit information per their web page.
- • Check Clay Fest publicity on the sites to make sure the information is posted correctly. Contact sites for corrections as needed.
- • Submit information for most magazines early in the year to get publicity. Again, you may need to resubmit or make contact with the magazine if you don't receive confirmation.
- • Schedule and Contract with newspapers for paid advertisements.
- o Submit press releases to Eugene Weekly and Register Guard 2-3 weeks prior to Clay Fest.
- o Submit ads to Eugene Weekly and Register Guard 1 ½ weeks prior to them going to print.
- o Work with graphics chair to submit ads.
Radio (August & September):
- • Submit Public Service announcements to radio stations, usually via Internet.
- • Schedule and contract with radio stations for paid advertisements
Bijou Theatre (August & September):
- • Contract slide publicity - paid advertisement
Events Center Publicity
- • Review the Events Center contract looking for the free publicity included in the package.
- • Submit information necessary to the Events Center to make sure the Pub. Pkg. is used.
- • Review the publicity for errors after it comes out.
- • Check to see that Clay Fest is listed on the Event Center Calendar.
Several Days before and during Clay Fest
- • Contact TV stations and any additional news sources about Clay Fest.
During Clay Fest
- • Help answer questions and show media around the show.
After Clay Fest
- • Send "Thank You" cards or messages to media sources etc. that help promote the event.
- • This is really a year-round position in terms of plugging Clay Fest and Local Clay. We are always looking for more opportunities to promote Clay Fest. In the past we have done additional advertising at the Eugene Airport and a Gala Event.
For more information click this link to send us an email : email@example.com Subject: Publicity Committee Openings