Before Clay Fest
- Ask for 3 tables and 20 chairs at pre-show
- Three to four weeks before make contacts to
find donated clay (try Georgies).
- Ask each committee person to collect cardboard
and cut it into 50 or so useable size pieces for kids to carry their
pieces home on.
- Arrange for someone to bring 2 to 4 terry
cloth towels, water bucket (for washing up).
- Locate stamps, tools, aprons, table covering
Set Up Day of Clay
- Arrange to have donated clay picked up and
brought to setup site.
- Set up kids area: lay out tables and chairs
- Cover tables with canvas covers, put up sign,
put up shelves, arrange materials and fill water bucket.
- Check to be sure all shifts are covered(
sometimes people drop out of the show).
During Clay Fest
- Chairperson should be at the kids area to go
over the work shift instructions at the beginning of each work shift.
- Chairperson should drop by several times each
shift to check if person working needs anything, give break.
- Chairperson should be available throughout the
- Check to see if water bucket needs clean
- Be prepared to fill any shift that is open due
to illness or dropping out of show.
After Clay Fest
- Clean up and dismantle kids area.
- Send thank you for any donated materials.
Materials Provided by
- whisk broom
- knife for cutting up cardboard
Have info on classes
available for kids, where to get materials, firing and locations of classes.
traditionally stores the table covering, materials, tools, aprons until next
For more information
click this link to send us an email: email@example.com
Subject: Kids and Clay Openings