Clay Fest Steering Committee Meeting Minutes, September 25,
CLAYFEST Steering Committee Meeting -- September 25, 2008
Pre - Show Meeting -- at EWEB
Attending: Susan Roden, Ken Standhardt, Karen Washburn, Frank Gosar,
Paula Mance, Mary Hindman, Robin Russell, Tea Duong, Ali Clark, Katie
Swenson, Linda Shaver, Tim Sheehan, Elaine Purett, Susie Young, Merry
Newcomer, Michael Fromme, Rhoda Fleischman, Tracie Manso
- Avi (Physical Set-Up) and Hufts (Gallery) did not attend, but sent
reports that their committees are coming along fine.
- Posters & Postcards are available at Georgies for distribution.
Frank will take some to the Corvallis Fall Festival this weekend.
- Michael (Charge/Debit) asked if someone arranged the phone line
set-up. Paula (Chair) took care of it.
- Mary H & Tea (Building) reconfirmed # of tables and chairs
Paula asked for another table & chair - she has a lead on a photographer
- Clay Space would like a space at the show. There is a vacant 5' x
5' between booths # 53 (Barb Haddad) and #54 (Linda Williams). Booth
holders may be expecting corner views of their clay art. Mary H will
contact them and Clay Space to determine if it can work. Tim moved
that if booth holders agree, we give Clay Space the 5' x 5' booth
space - passed.
- Paula announced that Mayor Kitty Piercy will attend our Friday Night
Gala Opening, and proclaim October "Clay Month". We have live music
scheduled 5:30 - 7:30pm, tentatively Mayor Piercy will appear half way
through. Ali will contact Hufts to see if awards can be given Friday
- There is no Kids Clay on Friday night, so Demo equipment (as mirror)
can be stored there.
- Tracie (Workshifts) has contended with many drops and adds. There
are still 3 workshifts with no person scheduled. Enough volunteers
- Paula will email all the participants requesting (1) pots/plates for
the caterer to 'replate' food on, for serving, (2) persons to
volunteer to fill needed workshifts.
- Tim can post the workshift schedule on the web site. Tracie can
email changes weekly until the show.
- Ali (Sponsorship) : has commitments for gift certificates from
McMenamin's, Xenon Café and Palace Bakery. Sylvan Ridge offered a
case of wine. Ceramics Monthly & Pottery Making Illustrated donated
a subscription. Clay Art of Seattle/Tacoma a $50 - $75 gift
certificate. Not all are in her hand yet, but soon.
- The clay gifts will go to Best of Show winners. Perhaps food/wine
- Door Prizes - discussion of, and decided on 5 of $20 show gift
certificates (no cash value) be given away on Friday night.
- Raffle Prize - for Clay-In-Ed ($200 was raised in a previous year).
A dinner gift certificate was suggested. Clay-In-Ed brings their own
display. Has been borrowed from Club Mud in the before.
- Linda Shaver (Signage) needs to get storage key from Georgie's. Ask
Avi - he will have it. She will bring remaining posters, cards &
QuARTerly's from Georgie's to the show.
- Paula asked everyone to check out mikedeanphotos.com We want shots
of the prize pots & show candids (the current ones are 3 years old!).
We offer the photog the opportunity to shoot artist booths & pots.
- Publicity: Frank & Faith will be on KLCC on the NorthWest Passage
on Oct 9 KEZI wants a story on next Thursday, interested in Clay-In-Ed
We bought 5 ads from the Register Guard (there was a $ break for 5
ads). Frank showed his copy of the newspaper ads - real nice.
- Michael F will send an email out that posters & postcards are now
available at Georgie's for distribution.
- Frank (Treasurer) has a 2-part 'Check Request' form for money
requests. Bring $ requests to the show unless funds are needed
- Show commission is 16% for booth holders & 11% for Chairs
- WE NEED A CHAIR FOR NEXT YEAR!!
- Next meeting: Wrap-Up Meeting after Clayfest
Changed from Thursday to Wednesday, October 29 - 6:30pm @ EWEB