Clay Fest Steering Committee Meeting Minutes, May 22, 20008
Attending: Susan Roden, Karen Washburn, Avi Harriman, Frank Gosar,
Paula Mance, Alissa Clark, Linda Shaver, Susan Fishel, Tea Duong,
Holly Dubrasich, Linda Williams, Susie Young, Tracie Manso, Ken
Standhardt, John Shue, Jerry & Shirley Huft, Tim Sheehan, Robin
Russell, Faith Rahill, Mary Hindman, Rhoda Fleischman, Merry Newcomer,
Michael Fromme, Katie Swenson
Karen reviewed applications and the Move-In Packet.
There were 56 requests for a booth at Clayfest.
Some previous booth persons did not apply this year. If someone with points applies late, do they get to the top of the wait list? No, that is not in the show policies.
There was a review of dates & times for items on the Move-In Packet. The Friday opening changed these for move-in, gallery check-in, voting, etc.
Tim will update the committee chair emails before the Move-In Packet is on the website or sent out.
Friday Night Opening
- Food - Alissa reviewed prices and options. We are required to use the Fairgrounds caterer and prices are exorbitant. (1 gallon of punch is $16.)
- We opt for coffee, water (water is free!), cheese & crackers, chips & salsa, black bean dip, vegie plate w/ dip.
- Fairgrounds caterer is amenable to replating the food on potter's plates.
- We want to have labels with potter & booth # for the plates & bowls used.
- Alissa requested that she & Susan Roden have no other Fri night workshift, as we expect to be changing potter's bowls & plates for the food.
- Music - Tracie brought a sample cd and proposal for options for the music.
John put the cd on, while we discussed how many musicians for how long.
We decided on 2 musicians, guitar & keyboard, to play for 2 hours for $315, from 5:30 - 7:30pm, on the Demo stage.
- Avi discussed how long the pipe & drape people will take to set-up.
- Mary's Building Committee can get in on Wednesday to tape the floor.
- Potters will be able to set-up their booths on Thursday, from 2pm - 10pm, and Friday 8am - 5pm when the show opens.
- Rhoda will have the Flower Ladies in on Saturday morning, 9 - 11:30am
- Gallery will set-up on Friday 10am - noon
- Linda asked about a sign on the Fairground's fence: We want it to say 10th Annual and Gala Opening Friday Night, besides the usual info.
- Susie & Elaine feel organized
- They want to have free drawings - group agrees -
- Oregon Art Beat - Get on
- Eugene (Magazine) -do Ken Standhardt
- Quarterly - Some Steering Comm Members have advertised here
- Tri-County Newpaper - Elmira, Veneta, Junction City
New Web Site
- Tim is phasing in the new website
- Move-In Packet will be on the new web site
- Karen began by explaining the process
- Avi charted & Frank recorded, as Karen drew names for booths
Potter's booths will be available on the Clayfest website soon, if not already. (thanks, Tim)
Next meeting: Thursday, September 25 at EWEB - last Pre-Clayfest meeting